Monday, January 10, 2011

ATT Galaxy S Apps and Gripes

Major Gripe
To date still no 2.2 Froyo. Wake up AT&T the rest of the android world across the pond is WAY ahead of us. I want that better power management and the melange of other updates 2.2 will bring.

COOL APPS
Now that I have the out of the way Let's talk cool apps. My latest favorite is Vlingo an app that lets you speak and easily send texts or emails. No typing or swyping. Just talk and hit send. It will even read incoming texts (safe reader) like a female Stephen Hawking. I accidentally left this function on and was awakened to my phone reading a text from a friend who is overseas. Creepy but cool. It's a very mature app that is FREE.

Pulse is a very cool graphically hip news service that delivers technical news, dilbert, movie news etc.. It's a great diversion and looks great. It's FREE

Replica Island is a free game that I find very relaxing. You fly a little android around the screen It's simple fun and yes FREE.

Ringdroid is a great ringtone editor. Uses music and sound files from your phone. Easy to use, fun and yes...wait for it. FREE!

Google Sky and map came on my phone and whenever I am out at night and the stars are visible I give it a quick look. It is really amazing and accurate. You can even look at the stars during the day, inside but that er isn't quite so cool. BUT you can do it! check out the setting and various layers you can see planets turn on the red display for night vision etc. It's really worth the Zero dollars and cents I paid for it. You will find it a google.com. Yes. It's FREE too..

Ah such good advice to my many um ok no readers. But who cares, I have my little android friend to keep my happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment